International Summer School for Teens
Our course offers a great mix of English language tuition plus fun and exciting activities, cultural and recreational excursions. Our English language courses are tailored to give confidence in speaking and listening and keeping students engaged. At our English summer schools we make sure you have English lessons according to your ability and won’t be left behind or bored. All courses include 4 hours of lessons a day; 2 full-day excursions a week; afternoon activities; full-board accommodation; bus passes and an Activity Leader to look after you.
What Summer MAX students can expect in 2019?
- The chance to meet students from other countries
- A ‘buddy’ process in place for your first day, so you will not be alone
- Fun afternoon activities such as Wet & Wild Fun fair evening, Lazer Quest, Adventure Golf, Hair & Beauty afternoon, Treasure Hunt, Volleyball, BBQ on the beach, cycling along the Brighton seafront, Go Karting, Bowling, and more…
- Two all day excursions each week (every Wednesday and Saturday) filled with exciting visits and activities such as: London Eye, Tower Bridge Experience, Thames Cruise, Camden Market, famous Change of Guard experience, Shakespeare Globe Theatre workshops, Covent Garden, Natural History Museum, Trafalgar Square, shopping at popular Oxford Street, Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower …
- Social events in the evenings to include a disco and a meal out
- Quizzes and competitions such as Best Selfie of the week, Get-to-know-your-town, Treasure Hunt …
- A friendly and welcoming host family
- A fun location close to Brighton. Find out more about our Brighton English language centre
What you need to know?
Our summer school is based in Shoreham-by-sea, near Brighton.
- Homestay with students of another nationality (mother tongue)
- Lessons targeted to your ability
- Bus passes provided
- Activity leaders accompany students on all excursions and activities.
All Inclusive Course Fees
£945 for 2 weeks
£1,395 for 3 weeks
All Inclusive of Accommodation; Excursions; Bus Passes and Lessons
Our 2019 Summer school starts on June 23rd and we have a rolling intake every Sunday until we close on the 10th August. Our school is in Shoreham-By-Sea. It’s a pretty town on the South Coast just outside the City of Brighton. Shoreham town offers shops, cafes, restaurants, and lots of recreational space; it is a very safe area. There is an excellent bus service into Brighton and Worthing (every 10 minutes) and train links into London, Portsmouth, Arundel and all the excursions we plan are very easily accessed. We offer very good quality host family accommodation and we always try to place students as near to the school as possible. English lessons are focused mainly on conversati on, listening, pronunciation and gaining confidence in speaking, there is a small amount of grammar but in general we make lessons interesting and fun. Please find some more information below:
Host Family Accommodation
We offer a good variation of afternoon activities together with one evening activity per week either an evening at the Brighton Pier funfair or a disco evening where students from our school can integrate with students of other language schools. The venue is prepared especially for the underage students and guardians are there to look after their health and safety during the party. Please note that on all excursions and activities groups are always accompanied by ELH activity leader in a ratio of minimum 1:10. You can find out more about all our activities by visiting our blog
Thoughts from our Italian activity leader
Thoughts from our Spanish activity leader
We are located
Brighton (Shoreham by sea)
On the south coast of England and just 1 hour from Central London, Brighton is the perfect base to have fun at the seaside and explore the wonders of our capital city.
Brighton’s location has made it a popular destination for tourists, renowned for its diverse communities, quirky shopping areas and a large cultural music and arts scene.
We have family homestay accommodation based around the Brighton area including Hove, Shoreham by Sea, Worthing, Lancing and Steyning.
Brighton is so special
Brighton has also been called the UK’s “hippest city”, and “the happiest place to live in the UK”.
- Brighton attracted 7.5 million day visitors in 2015/16
- 4.9 million overnight visitors
- The most popular seaside destination in the UK for overseas tourists.