Falmouth Language Centre
Falmouth is an excellent place to study and learn English – offering a peaceful and relaxing backdrop to studies while providing so much fun and excitement once the lessons are over for the day.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
Falmouth English language homestays
Our Falmouth English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Cornwall is simply a perfect location for your visit to the UK.
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Falmouth»
Beautiful Harbour town of Falmouth
Falmouth lies to the far south of Cornwall at the head of the Fal Estuary.
A beautiful harbour town but surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches. It is the world’s third largest natural harbour and is both the first and last port on the south coast of England.
An area of outstanding natural beauty it is popular with everyone all year round. If you enjoy walking take a route up past the Fal or Helford Estuary Boat trips are readily available.
Artists shops abound as do many local Cornish crafts around this beautiful town.
Our host families here are usually interested in water sports, as Falmouth is also home to sailing and canoeing.
Included in the many local attractions is Pendennis Castle; Gyllyngvase and Swanpool beaches and nearby is historic Truro, Penzance and beautiful St Mawes.
Travelling to and Getting Around Cornwall
Although at the far south west tip of the Britain, St Austell still has good transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. The region has a number of airports that has International and UK routes including Exeter Airport, Newquay Airport and Bodmin Airport.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Cornwall with a journey to Falmouth taking approximately 5 hours.
- Cars. Cornwall is very accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network covering much of the journey. However it is worth noting that as you travel through Devon and Cornwall you will be travelling on smaller, slower roads and this will increase your journey time.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Cornwall which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attraction of note.
Homestays in Falmouth, Cornwall
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
Our host families are based in the popular coastal areas of Falmouth on the southern edge of Cornwall. This is a very pretty area of Cornwall and is a great base to explore both of the Cornish coasts and the many attractions the region has to offer.
School Group Short stays in Falmouth
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in Cornwall offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in Falmouth
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Cornwall homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.