Edinburgh Language Centre
Edinburgh is a vibrant, dramatic, historic, cultured, cosmopolitan and beautiful city… everything you could possible want for a wonderful break or holiday and the perfect backdrop to learning English.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
Edinburgh English Language Homestays
Our Edinburgh English Language Centre offers our popular Homestay Tuition and Group Short Stays programmes. Edinburgh is simply a perfect location for your visit to the UK.
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Edinburgh»
Studying in the Heart of Scotland
Our Scottish courses and homestays are situated in Edinburgh, the heart of Scotland.
There is certainly plenty to explore from the Old Town, which is the heart of the historic city, and offers wonderful closes, courtyards, catacombs and some of Scotland’s most important buildings.
You can contrast the historic Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the city skyline, with the new and modern Scottish Parliament at Holyrood in the royal precinct. Alternatively you can roam the wild moors and rocky crags of Holyrood Park in the middle of the city, explore the buildings of the famous Royal Mile or head to the Museum of Scotland and see many of the country’s national treasures.
Edinburgh is a thriving city of culture and arts with the famous Edinburgh Festival programme that runs throughout the year and includes the International Film Festival, Festival Fringe, Jazz and Blues, Royal Military Tattoo and the International Book Festival – to name just a few.
Of course Edinburgh is also just a great place to relax after a day’s studying. There is a super range of cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs and entertainment to match all budgets and ages.
Just outside Edinburgh you will be met by beautiful countryside and rolling hills and all of our Scottish Tutors have one thing in common – not only a love of the English language but a love of Scotland.
Travelling to and Getting Around Edinburgh
Edinburgh is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Edinburgh Airport on the outskirts of the City is an International airport, with flights to locations across the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Trains. Edinburgh is at important hub in the busy UK rail network giving you good access to locations across Scotland (Glasgow is 50 mins, Stirling 1 hour) and England (Newcastle 90 mins, York 2.5 hours, London 5 hours).
- Cars. The Edinburgh area is very accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network close by. Parking in the city of Edinburgh is limited however so you should check with your homestay host about the best places to park.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operates coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Edinburgh and the Lothians which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Edinburgh
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, allowing the student to stay with their tutor or a host family and give an authentic taste of local life. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly “home away from home” for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
School Group Short stays in Edinburgh
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in Scotland, but without English lessons, then our host families in Edinburgh offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their homes, students will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts’ local knowledge to discover the real Scotland.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in Edinburgh
From improving conversational skills to preparing for exams, our Edinburgh homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.