Bristol Language Centre
A modern, vibrant, student friendly city situated on the the waterways of the River Avon, Bristol offers excitement, historic buildings and beautiful countryside within easy reach – including the famous Cotswolds.
Our students learn much more than physical skills through their participation in athletics. The collaborative experience of pursuing and attaining a common goal in athletics is unique, as it is combined with interscholastic competition. We are proud of our winning tradition.
Bristol English Language Homestays
Bristol is a great base for exploring the English south-west coast with historic Bath, the Mendip Hills, the famous caves at Wookey Hole & Cheddar Gorge and seaside favourite Weston-super-Mare all within easy reach. It’s also a short car/coach crossing of the Severn Bridge from Wales.
From its beginnings as one of England’s big inland ports, Bristol has grown in to a modern, innovative city with a large student population and a lively arts and media community.
With lots of great cafes, restaurants and a vibrant nightlife combined with everything from medieval churches to the latest cutting edge attractions, Bristol is a wonderful experience for young and old.
There is plenty to explore from the old quarter with the medieval Bristol Cathedral and City Museum & Art Gallery to the engineering feats of Isambard Kingdom Brunel – check out the renowned Clifton Suspension Bridge and SS Great Britain – and the innovative science centre @Bristol.
Beyond Bristol is some of the UK’s outstanding countryside including the Mendip Hills, Quantock Hills and the Cotswolds, as well as some big tourist attractions including the Roman baths at Bath, Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Wells Cathedral and Glastonbury Abbey. Not forgetting the delights of the Somerset coast.
Travelling to and Getting Around Bristol
Bristol is close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Bristol Airport has direct services to and from destinations across Europe and further afield. Alternatively the UK’s largest airport, London Heathrow, is just 2 hours away from Bristol.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Bristol with a journey from London Paddington to Bristol taking approximately 90 minutes.
- Cars. Bristol is easily accessible by car, supported by the UK motorway and dual carriageway network.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Bristol, Somerset and Gloucestershire which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Bristol
A homestay with one of our Bristol host families offers comfortable accommodation with meals included (on a half or full board basis) and, of course, the perfect environment for you to practice your English. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
Short Stays in Bristol
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families offer the perfect choice of accommodation.
Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
1-2-1 tuition in Bristol
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Bristol homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Fast Track English course – For a Intensive 4 day weekend course
Find out more about our homestay tuition.