Bournemouth Language Centre
With miles of golden sandy beaches, a vibrant and cosmopolitan town, great holiday attractions, restaurants, concerts and shows… Bournemouth has it all. Situated on the sunny south coast of England in Dorset you will also experience the best of the British weather all year round.
Learning and Living With an English family helped my students with their exam preparation. The English Language Homestays teachers were very experienced and identified the students’ requirements very quickly and addressed their issues in a professional and competent manner.
Bournemouth English Language Homestays
Please click here if you are looking for adult English language courses in Bournemouth»
Bournemouth in Dorset is one of the UK’s leading holiday resorts on the popular English south coast, with miles of clean golden sandy beaches and a mild climate all year round which has made it a favourite for tourists and students alike.
Dating back to just 1811, Bournemouth is a relatively new English town which grew quickly when the seaside holidays first became popular in the Victorian era. The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum are the place to head to get a feel for what Victorian Bournemouth was like.
Modern day Bournemouth is a vibrant and busy town with good shops, restaurants, bars, theatres, cinemas and attractions. However, with 1/6 of the town given over to green space and horticultural displays it also has a pleasant relaxing feel that makes it a perfect place to study.
Adjoining the town there are the wonderful historic towns of Christchurch (best known for its magnificent church that is bigger than most cathedrals) and the seaport of Poole (from where you can get a ferry to Brownsea Island famed for its Red Squirrels and wildlife).
Beyond the town, Bournemouth sits between the beautiful New Forest National Park and the Dorset Jurassic Coast (a World Heritage site). Other popular places to visit in the area include Wimborne Minster, Kingston Lacy, Swanage and Corfe Castle (excellent for cream teas).
Travelling to and Getting Around Bournemouth
Bournemouth is conveniently close to excellent transport links which make it accessible to travellers in the UK and Europe:
- Airports. Bournemouth International Airport flies to destinations across Europe. Alternatively Bournemouth can be reached from the UK’s major airports at Gatwick and Heathrow (each is a 2.5 hour trip on the train).
- Ferries/Channel Tunnel. Bournemouth is close to major Channel ferry crossing routes at Poole, Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Trains. The UK rail network runs regular trains between London and Bournemouth with a journey from Brighton to London taking 2.5 hours.
- Cars. Bournemouth is very accessible by car with the motorway and dual carriageway network covering much of the journey.
- Coaches/Buses. National Express operate coach services across the UK and will be a cheaper way to travel over longer distances than train or car. Locally you will find good bus services throughout Bournemouth and the surrounding area which makes it easier to get to all the towns and attractions of note.
Homestays in Bournemouth
All of our programmes are built around family homestays, which is where the student stays with their tutor or a host family during their stay. This gives the student a comfortable, friendly, home away from home for their stay. Find out more about our homestay accommodation.
School Group Short stays in Bournemouth
If a School Group wants to enjoy a break in England without English lessons then our host families in the Bournemouth area offer the perfect choice of accommodation. Staying in their home student will be able to fully immerse themselves in the traditions and culture of the region and benefit from their hosts local knowledge to discover the real England.
Short Stays with lessons in Bournemouth
Short Stays with lessons are very popular and can be booked at our Bournemouth Centre. Typically the lessons are available 3 to 4 mornings a week and focus on conversation and confidence building.
Find out more about School Group Short Stays.
1-2-1 tuition in Bournemouth
From improving conversational skills to preparing for Exams our Bournemouth homestay tutors can provide 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 tuition for all levels of student. Our English 1-2-1 courses include:
- General English – beginner, conversational, advanced
- Exam preparation – Prepa Bac, Baccalaureate, Maturita
- Hot House Intensive English
Find out more about our homestay tuition.