English Language Homestays – New Host-Family Application Form
- Firstly, welcome! May we please ask you to complete the form on line and return it to us as soon as possible. We know that your data is extremely sensitive and it is very carefully guarded and protected.
- Bank details are used to credit your account directly by secure electronic means only.
- Mobile phones are used for “Text/SMS” information that is sent to you regarding late-notice changes in an attempt to minimise disruption to your life.
- If you change your contact details or personal circumstances, please let us know.
- Before you complete this form, you will need to have available a copy of your current DBS Certificate & Gas Boiler certificate in an uploadable format..
Student Facilities (✓ as applicable)
The Gas Safety Declaration (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
I certify that in accordance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 that all gas appliances in my home have been inspected within the past 12 months by a registered CORGI engineer. I further agree to ensure that our gas appliances will be maintained in accordance with these regulations and will be inspected by registered CORGI engineer annually, and that I will supply documentary evidence of gas safety checks to ELH on an annual basis. ANY BEDROOMS WITH GAS/COMBI BOILERS MUST NOT BE USED FOR HOSTING ELH STUDENTS.
Please Tick one
I /we agree to carry out a risk assessment in order to ensure the safety of people on my/our premises and acknowledge and I understand that it is my/our responsibility, if necessary, to improve fire safety measures. I /we will also keep these measures and risks under review and update them as necessary.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
DETAILS FOR DBS CHECK (Please complete if you know that your DBS needs
renewing. You need a current DBS check to host students under the age of 18)
As the main "host parent" you will be required to obtain a DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service) if you agree to take under 18-year-old students. If you would rather not participate in a DBS check, you will only be able to host adult students which may reduce the number of students we are able to place with you. The DBS on the main-carer includes a background check on all adults and young adults in registered in at the address. DBS must be repeated every 3 years.
- ELH uses an “ Umbrella Company” who will process the DBS check on your behalf and payment for this is 47.00GBP paid directly to them. You are of course at liberty to use any other Company should you wish. The DBS can be kept with you and is transferable to other companies.
SELCS is the Umbrella Agency we use and is a registered body for such throughout Sussex Please contact them through their Email SELCS or visit SELCS Website
Please Tick one
Link to Airbnb’s 5-step enhanced cleaning process below, Will open in a new tab.
- ELH is legally-bound by all existing legislation covering the Protection of Children and will comply with all changes hereinafter.
Accordingly, the following people are not permitted to have any contact with Children. A separate Declaration; (below) is to be made by all residents of the house aged 18 years or older. By signing below you each affirm by Solemn Declaration that no prohibition noted below, applies to you, your family, or anyone else who visits or inhabits your home:
You are also asked to give your agreement that these details are held by ELH and only released to the requisite Linguistic Organisation, on reasonable demand, in direct relation to your Hosting of Students.
- Anyone who has had a child removed from his, or her, care by an Order of the Court.
- Anyone who has been convicted of an offence against a Child.
- Anyone who has Parental Rights over a Child that has been removed by a Local Authority.
- Anyone who has had an Order made against them or Cancelled Registration with respect to the Child Minders Registration Act, or Children’s Act, as précised above.
Section 70(a) of the Children Act 1989 provides that a person who makes any statement in this notice or gives information which he knows to be false or misleading, shall be guilty of an offence liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5.