Active English Course
What Active English Summer School students can expect in 2020
- 16 hours of English lessons per week
- The opportunity to make friends from other countries
- Buddy Process – with students of a similar age, so they don’t feel isolated or lonely…
- Accommodation with families as near to the school as possible that suit young learners needs.
- Full adult supervision throughout the entire stay.
- Active and adventurous afternoon activities including: Scuba diving, Trampoline Park, Water sports (SUP/ Kayaking), Go-Karting, Zorbing football, Bike ride along the sea front, Bouldering and Volleyball.
- Full day excursions include: London, Chessington World of Adventures, sailing adventure with a farewell party, Outdoor Active Day (Low Ropes Challenge & Raft Building )
- Social events such as BBQ or a meal out
- Competitions and quizzes such as: Get-to-know your town (Photo quizzes), Five Star Student (for the best behaviour), Best selfie of the week…
This programme will only run from 29/06/2020 to 12/07/2020
Based in Shoreham-by-Sea, our Summer Active programme provides full board family homestay accommodation with our kind and caring DBS checked Host Families. Students are normally placed with similar students, subject to numbers, of a different nationality to encourage speaking English.
What you need to know
- Our fun based activities are linked to their English lessons and are applicable to their age based on both formal and fun lessons tailored to their ability.
- All activities are half-day or full day. The instruction for all adventure activities is by suitably qualified local experts.
- Bus passes are provided for each student every week
- Age appropriate activities are linked to their English lessons
- Activity leaders accompany students on all excursions and activities.
All Inclusive Course Fees
- £615 for 1 week
- £1180 for 2 weeks
All Inclusive of
- Full board family homestay accommodation
- Afternoon Activities
- Bus Passes and English Lessons
Fun and Informative Lessons
Our course offers a great mix of English language tuition plus adventurous, adrenaline-filled afternoon activities in addition to cultural and recreational excursions twice a week. With 16 full hours of English tuition in a class of up to 15 students, our English language courses will give confidence in speaking and listening and keep students engaged. At our English Summer School we make sure you have English lessons according to your ability and won’t be left behind or bored. All courses include 4 hours of lessons a day; 2 full-day excursions a week; afternoon activities; full-board accommodation; bus passes and an Activity Leader to look after you.
Frequently Asked Questions
All students stay in Host Family accommodation within our DBS checked families, with whom we have a strong and friendly relationship built on years of experience and cooperation. Each family is regularly inspected by ELH staff, making sure their homes are always up to young learner’s standards. We always try to place students as near to the school as possible.
Student safety and welfare is always our first priority and we check the welfare of all our students each morning and any problems, sickness / lost property and general wellbeing are dealt with as quickly as possible by our onsite welfare officer. The emergency contact number is available for students to call 24 hours a day in case of any problems that could occur during their stay. The number can be found on the ELH wristbands that we provide for all our students on their first day at our school. We always advise them to wear the bands during the entire stay (from arrival until departure day).
We offer a good variation of afternoon activities together with one evening event per week either disco with other language schools or an evening meal out. Please note that on all excursions and activities, students are always accompanied by adult leaders.
As this programme requires a very good health condition in order to be able to participate in all our activities, we will be sending out medical forms to complete in order to be able to attend this course.
Day trips take place every Wednesday and Saturday (Sundays are intended to be spent with their Host Families – this can sometimes include family outings).
Excursions on this programme include visits to famous and iconic places such as: Chessington the World of Adventures, London with either climbing the O2 arena or London Eye 4D experience followed by sightseeing walk and shopping at Oxford street, and two full on active days spent locally on the sea or river Adur and water sports as well as integrating and challenging group activities will be included followed by either visit to Brighton or BBQ and games on the beach.
Students will travel to School either by foot or via the local bus service. All students will be given a bus pass each week and will be given instructions of the nearest bus stops during their stay.
Please make sure the application forms are delivered on time.
The deadline for the application forms will be two weeks before the arrival date.
(If arrival date is 22nd June 2020 all applicants must send through the application form no later than 8th June 2020. If provided later, we might not be able to allocate a suitable host family.)
In Partnership with
Summer English Course available from English language Homestays
Summer English school for Students of aged 13-17
Junior English summer school for students of aged 10- 12
Football Academy with English offers Professional Football training with your English course for aged 13 – 16
Active English course for students aged 13 to 17, who are looking for thrilling adventure summer school with English lessons
Summer school in Small groups for students who require English Lesson in small groups and their English is B2 and above aged 14 – 17