English Language Homestays has been running successful and popular English language courses, International Language Homestays, short stays and summer school programmes for over 25 years.
With English language centres and friendly host families and tutors across the UK and South Africa, we can offer every student, on a short or long stay, an exciting, fun and enlightening experience
Well established and successful business
ELH language school was founded in 1992 to provide students with excellent academic programs and a nurturing environment with close student-teacher relationships.
- English Language Homestays was launched with one small Centre on the outskirts of Brighton in 1992.
- It now has 15 Language Centres, a 3 campus Summer School and one-to-one homestay tutors across England, Scotland and South Africa.
- Our success has been based around selecting and maintaining high quality host families and homestay tutors at all our various locations.
- Our office admin team and local coordinators are highly experienced at managing the multiple English programmes running at a time, ensuring everything runs smoothly and any issues are resolved quickly.
- Our tried-and-tested activities and excursions are popular with students of all ages and ensure that they have a great time while with us.
- Supportive environment to ensure students welfare is looked after while they are with us.
It’s not all about business…
While we are a business, we believe in contributing to our local community and beyond. We support and give a proportion of our profits to charity including:
We also make regular trips to our Cape Town centre in South Africa and are involved in a number of local support projects. That is in addition to arriving with suitcases full of donated baby clothes for the local hospitals!
Our Head Office team is based in Shoreham-by-Sea in West Sussex, close to Brighton with great transport links to London, Gatwick Airport and Brighton.
Our host families are an important part of our team and we work closely with them to ensure students experience an authentic taste of English life and enjoy a great experience to remember.
We have a qualified and experienced team of English language tutors who are used to working both in classrooms and on a 1-2-1 basis.
Managing Director of English Language Homestays
Jackie Verrall is the Managing Director of English Language Homestays with overall responsibility for all aspects of the business, including its strategic day-to-day running. Jackie – who has 30 years’ experience and excellent business contacts – is based at ELH’s Shoreham-by-Sea HQ and prides herself on a hands-on, professional and personal approach.
Dec Mooney is the Company Secretary and is also a Director of English Language Homestays. He looks after all the financial and legal aspects of the company. Dec also arranges any transportation requests from agents and students.
Summer School Co-Ordinator
Aleks Ptasinska is based in the UK but has strong links with the East European and Russian Market. As she was born in Poland and travelled extensively in the Baltic Countries, she knows exactly what those clients expect with regards to education, lessons and accommodation. She is also a strong Fund raiser for our Townships and always gets involved in any projects that have been happening throughout the year.
Short Stay Manager
Sacha Stone is our Short Stay Manager and looks after our five Centres around Brighton as well as coordinating our other UK Centres in Cornwall; Northampton; Edinburgh and Kent. Sacha also works as an activity leader at our Summer School and often attends the Roller Discos in the afternoon.
As well as that, she is the Liaison Officer for our Shoreham Town coaches and enjoys rescuing Pole Cats and Ferrets, which she often brings into the class for a “ Get to know a Pet Day!”