Teach English As A Foreign Language
Next Course will be on
Please contact us to discuss course availability and dates. The cost of this 2-day course is £239.00 plus unlimited classroom training. Once you’ve called us and agreed availability.
Earn regular UK income or work abroad
After successful completion of our TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course at our Brighton language centre, you will have gained the skills and confidence to be able to tutor foreign students in your own home with English Language Homestays.
By joining our Homestay Tutor Programme you will be able to earn good regular income, as well as enjoying a fun and rewarding experience. Or we can help you find a tutor job abroad.
How does it work?
Course Comprises of
- 16 hours of classroom based lessons
- 4 hours of authentic teaching practice, inclusive of feed back and written assessment
- Assessed assignment based online training, designed for you to work at your own pace with 6 months to complete the course.
- As much classroom observation and co-teaching as you need before you ” Go Solo!”
Online Course content
- The distance learning component will give you a wider perspective on the evolution of the English language
- Develop teaching methodologies
- Reinforcement and points of reference from classroom based learning
- Exercises, resources and self evaluation tasks
- Five assessed assignments
- Optional assignments for assessment
Classroom course content
- An introduction to TEFL: further development, career opportunities and resources.
- The learner. Learning styles, motivation and levels.
- Foreign language lesson; an invaluable insight into the challenges facing your learners
- The balanced approach to language teaching
- Lesson planning
- Language systems and introducing new language
- Teaching techniques and classroom activities
- Productive skills; writing and speaking
- Presenting vocabulary and essential grammar
- Phonology and phonetics: stress, intonation, rhythm, pronunciation
- Reading and listening
- Classroom management
- Recommendation of Teaching Resources
Our EFL Course offers Modules that others don’t
- We offer UNLIMITED Classroom teaching and Monitoring until you feel confident enough to teach on your own.
- We have an on site DOS ( director of studies) available to talk you through any worries either on the phone; face to face or e mail
- We have proper marked and assessed Assignments which are sent to you and returned with appropriate feedback and suggestions
- Our courses run with a maximum of 8 students, so you wont be one of many in a large hall going unnoticed
- We put you in touch with Schools abroad who we have links with which can help you find a job out of the UK or we offer you the chance to teach with us, subject to availability
- And if you felt you didn’t understand enough on the course then you can come along again on the next one FOR FREE
- No time limit, work on your own pace!